Excellence is part of the AlgoriX DNA. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for stellar talents who can elevate our products and services to greater heights. For our last employee spotlight of the year, we’d like to ask you all to help us welcome Austin Bai, who will take on the role of Advertising Product Director at AlgoriX.
Though it’s his first week at the office, Austin hit the ground running, and we’re fortunate we got to catch up with him for a quick chat.
1. Welcome to AlgoriX, Austin! Everyone’s excited to get to know you, so can you please share three fun details about yourself?
- I come from a technical background and used to be a software & database developer myself. I am extremely fascinated by cutting-edge technologies and how our daily lives are constantly changed and improved by them.
- I am a huge sports fan especially in soccer, basketball, and F1. I play soccer with my team every week and sometimes in amateur soccer tournaments locally in Singapore (And won a couple of them as a team before).
- I love history, culture, and music. I enjoy travelling to different counties, making friends with people of different backgrounds, and learning about their rich culture and history (And, of course, local cuisine too).
2. You’ve had a lengthy and rich career in ad tech and product operations. Can you tell us about your role at AlgoriX and how you plan to harness your experience to contribute to your current work?
My career has always been around digital advertising. Prior to joining AlgoriX, I have been focusing on building advertising products to achieve the best monetization performance, while ensuring the Trust & Safety of the advertising marketplace. My experience in the e-commerce industry has also given me the opportunity to understand the needs and challenges of top advertisers in the market. I hope my product and technical experience can further sharpen AlgoriX’s offerings to our publishers, buyers, and advertisers.
3. Since it’s the end of the year and everyone’s making plans for 2023, can you preview what you’ll be focusing on next year product-wise?
In 2022, we have achieved tremendous results with our publishers, buyers, and advertisers. In 2023, we will continue devoting our product and technical efforts to building a stronger programmatic marketplace platform with more capabilities & integration options for our clients to connect, scale, and optimize with our global inventory and demand.
4. On a more casual note, what’s your favorite movie, your most played song this year, and words you live by?
- I am a sci-fi fan. One of my recent favourite movies is Tenet. My most played song of the year, surprisingly as what Spotify Wrapped told me, is the Main Title Theme song of Westworld (The HBO sci-fi TV series).
- As a product person, the words I live by are “Fall in love with the problem, not the solution.” We should always fully understand the requirements & needs of our clients rather than rushing into a solution.
5. Any last thoughts for the team and our partners?
As I get to know more AlgoriX team members during my first week of onboarding, I am really impressed by the talent, passion and innovative mindset of each individual. I undoubtedly believe that with such a dedicated and talented team, we will continue to deliver world-class services and solutions to our publishers, buyers, and advertisers. Really looking forward to the coming years to grow and scale up our business together with our clients.
Want to learn more about how Austin can help drive your business to success? Get in touch.